Are you wondering how free products can benefit your business as well as your customers? Are you debating whether or not to even give away free products? Are you not sure if this marketing tactic will work for your business? Continue reading to find out why free products are a win and how they can help increase your businesses sales.
Have you ever went to a grocery store and been offered free samples of a new product? Do you remember the brand ambassador describing the product and answering any questions you may have had? Do you remember the ambassador asking you if you wanted to make a purchase and maybe even offering a special discount?
When you go to a store and are offered free food, you're not offered the food to simply fill your stomach, but to make a purchase! You're receiving a free sample in hopes of a purchase being made or in hopes of providing feedback.
Have you ever attended a pop up shop, or visited your dentist and received free products such as a free water bottle, a keychain, or even a free pen with the company's name/logo embalmed on it? What these companies have done is branded their products and given them away for free in order to increase brand awareness. When you're walking around with a company embalmed water bottle, you're promoting the company by bringing awareness to it.
How free products can benefit your business:
- Free products will create engagement for your business! Free products will help you attract your target audiene and increase sales!
- More engagement brings more energy to you as an entrepreneur!!! Positive feedback, reviews, and engagement will help you bond with your audience as well as it will drive more passion to your business.
- Free products create awareness for your business. Somewhere out there, there is someone who wants your products, however they don't know that your business exsists. The more people who are aware about your business, the more sales you will have.
- Free products = free reviews/feedback. Whether positive or negative; as an entrepreneur you need to figure out what your audience likes and dislikes. Free products will give you an incite on what your customers expect for your business. Before officically launching a product, give it away for free. Anaylze the feedback you receive and change whatever is needed to improve the product. They only way to know what exactly your customers want/expect is to ask. This will help you perfect your product.
- Free products will help you consider whether or not there is a need in the market for your products.
How free products can benefit your target audience:
- When you offer free products, you are giving your target audience and potential customers a change to sample your product before they purchase. Your audience will get to decide whether or not they want to buy, as well as which product they want to purchase. If you offer different skues (syles, scent, flavour, packages, etc), you audience will be able to decide which one if best to suite their needs. If your audience likes the free sample they receive, they will be inclined to purchase when they run out/when they want more!
- Online purchases sometimes pushes consumers away when they aren't able to physically experience a product. By giving away a free sample you are able to instill trust and credibility between the consumer and your business.
What can you give away for free? Do you have a new product that you want to "test the waters" with before you launch? Download our FREE worksheet and let us know how free products benefited your business.
How to Silence the Fear of Discomfort When Starting a New Business
How To Choose The Right Business For You
8 Reasons Your Business Is Failing On Instagram
How to Define Your Target Audience
Top 10 Reasons Why You Need A Website
Social Media Got Everybody Thinking Entrepreneurship Is Easy
Why Free Products Work
How to Create a Killer Instagram Bio
How to Create a USP
Why Gift Certificates Can Be Better Than Coupons
How to avoid the "no time" excuses
The Reasons Why Small Businesses Fail
6 Ways to Show Appreciation to Your Customers
What is a brand and why is it so important?
Turn email subscribers into buyers
5 Easy Ways to Increase Online Sales